moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Moonlight Reader's 30 Day Challenge: Days 17, 18, 19

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh - A.A. Milne To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee The Annotated Pride and Prejudice: A Revised and Expanded Edition - Jane Austen, David M. Shapard

I pretty much hate all of these questions, so I'm lumping them together in what will be a short and not very interesting post.

Day 17: Favorite quote from your favorite book:

I don't have a favorite book. I have favorite books. If I post a quote from all of them, this post would never end.

I'll just mention two, specifically, that I really like:

"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird.

Day 18: A book that disappointed you.

I just can't even answer this. There are so many different levels of disappointment: books that didn't live up to my expectations, but which were still good; books that have been overhyped; books that actually suck; books that I can't figure out how they ever got selected for publications; books that were written by celebrities that expose the narcissism that is rampant in our culture; books by people that I admired until they wrote a book.

I reject this question.

Day 19: Favorite book turned into a movie:

Pride and Prejudice by Austen. I like both the BBC production with Colin Firth AND the newer version with Kiera Knightly. Although each of them has it's own problematic scenes: in the BBC version, Colin Firth swimming in his regency smallclothes is swoonworthy, but ridiculous; and the last scene in the Kiera Knightley version with Lizzie and Darcy in their jammies on the patio at Pemberley just makes me cringe.