moonlightreader

Andrea Wulf
Progress: 40/496 pages

Game Play Tutorial

A Brief Game Play Tutorial

I thought it would be helpful to do a few rounds of play, to help explain how it will work!

Game Play:

Roll 1:

4/15/17: Rolled 7, so game piece moves to space #7, which is Toad's Wild Ride in Fantasyland. The task for that space is: read a book with anthropomorphized/talking animals or read a "classic" fantasy published before 2000. I decide to read: Redwall, by Brian Jacques to fulfill this task. My version has 333 pages, so I get $3.00 for the task, which increases my bank to $23.00. I finish it in one day.

Roll 2:

I can't roll on 4/16/17, because it is not a roll day. On 4/17/17, I roll a 5, which puts me in space 11 - related to the opening year of Disneyland. My task is to read a book that takes place between 1945 and 1965, or that was written by an author born before 1955. I decide to read The Gunslinger by Stephen King, who was born in 1947.  This book is 231 pages long, so I make $3.00 for finishing this book, which increases my bank to $26.00.

Roll 3:

I am on vacation, so I don't roll again until the 4/21/17. I roll 10, and end up on the BL square. I roll my virtual dice, and roll a 5! I collect an extra $10.00 for myself, and for one other player. I pick someone to get the extra $10.00, and go on my way! My bank is now $36.00.

Roll 3:

I roll again on the 23rd. I roll a 6, and I land on Adventureland 26, which tells me to read a book tagged adventure or thriller. I'm not feeling adventure or thriller, so I decide to pass on this one. My bank remains at $36.00

Roll 4:

I roll again 4/25/17 and I roll a 3, which puts me on the boardwalk at Paradise Pier 28. The category for this one is "read a book set during Victoria's reign or tagged steampunk on GR." I decide to read Wilkie Collins The Moonstone. My edition has 510 pages, so I get a whopping $5.00 for this one. My bank is now $41.00.

And so on . . .