moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

Reading Habits

Well, since Booklikes is finally cooperating for me, I thought I'd chime in on @spookyshouseofbooks survey.

Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?

Not really. I read all over the place - family room, living room, kitchen, bedroom. Wherever is comfortable!

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I mostly read ebooks or listen to audiobooks these days. However, when I read a print edition, I use a random piece of paper - often a sticky note - as a bookmark.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?

I usually try to get to a logical stopping place, although not necessarily a chapter break.

Do you eat or drink while you read?

Um, yes. My favorite reading snacks are sunflower seeds or dill pickles (not at the same time). I also drink tea or coffee while reading. Or wine. Or beer. I also read while I eat meals, if I am on my own.

Multitasking: music or TV while reading?

I can't really do much other than read when I read. The exception to this is that I enjoy listening to audiobooks while sewing, embroidering or cross-stitching. In fact, I finished this while I was listening to Murder on the Orient Express:

(It's an Ikea pillow cover embroidered for my daughter). I'll be listening to Murder at the Vicarage next, and will be working on a matching Pegasus pillow:

One book at a time or several at once

I typically have three or four books on the go: fiction, non-fiction, and at least one audiobook, if not more than one.

Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere. If I can't read, I listen.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

My read-aloud days are over, since my youngest is 16. Until I have grandkids, at least.

Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I refuse to answer that question on the basis that it might incriminate me.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Trade paperback I keep like new. MMPB inevitably end up with broken spines.

Do you write in your books?

Not usually. Sometimes I use sticky notes. I highlight on my ereader.