moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

My next big quilt project

Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks - Tula Pink

I am still working on that Halloween quilt, but since I didn't finish it in time for the holiday, it's no rush to get it done for next year!

So, I thought I'd share my next big project here! I do have some Christmas sewing to do, so I'm not exactly sure when I will really get down to business on this one, but it's a modern sampler quilt with 100 different block possibilities. Knowing myself, I will likely add some embroidery and/or some applique to the final product.

I have the most amazing collection of fabrics for this quilt as well! There is a design company called Cotton + Steel, which produces amazing modern prints by very talented designers! I've been collecting them for awhile, and I have so many that I could probably make ten quilts with all of the fabric.

I'll be posting pictures of the blocks on my instagram account: @reading_while_stitching. If you're on IG, you can follow me there!