moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

My First R.I.P. Read of 2015

Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson - Lyndsay Faye

Some of you may remember from years past that I enjoy participating in a yearly reading challenge in the fall called R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril (or R.I.P.) which has traditionally been hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings.

This year (the 10th year of the challenge), he has asked the amazing ladies at The Estella Society to host. You can find the announcement post here.

rip10500

Image by the incredibly talented Abilgail Larson. Used with permission for RIP.

Dust and Shadow is my first R.I.P read of the year, although it won't be my last, and was also my first book by Lindsey Faye. I'd been eyeing it for sometime when I finally broke down and bought it. She also has a completed trilogy of books about a New York police officer set in 1845 that looks fantastic.

I recommend this book with some reservations. I enjoyed it, but not quite so much as I had expected I would and I felt like it dragged a bit. Overall, though, a worthy read for R.I.P. X.