moonlightreader

The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World
Andrea Wulf
Progress: 40/496 pages

April's Tale O'The Month, or why you be seeing a lot of posts about Robin Hood

Hood - Stephen R. Lawhead Scarlet - A.C. Gaughen The Outlaws of Sherwood - Robin McKinley The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood - Howard Pyle Through a Dark Mist - Marsha Canham

I've decided to try something new for myself, so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to be identifying a tale/myth and reading both about the story/myth itself, and reading some adaptations/retellings of it. And, possibly even watching some film/television adaptations.

To begin in April, I've chosen the tale of Robin Hood. Some of the books I already own are linked above. There's also a BBC television adaptation that I am pretty sure is available on either Netflix or Amazon Prime, and I may try to get my hands on one or two of the movie adaptations, including the Disney version. It's possible that this may take more than a month, so I'll just move at my own pace. I'll definitely be reading other books as well, as a steady diet of Robin Hood would probably cause burnout!

Let me know in the comments below if you know of any that I really need to read/watch. I would actually be interested in self-published books as well.