moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

TBR Thursday #11

I got sidetracked and skipped not one, but two, weeks! So, I've got some catching up to do here, with 15 new books since my last TBR Thursday!

I was unable to resist Penguin's new Christmas Classics series. I picked up three out of the five in print, of course, because they are so beautiful!

There were two others that I didn't buy - A Christmas Carol by Dickens, and The Night Before Christmas by Gogol. I already have a really nice illustrated version of A Christmas Carol, and the Gogol story looks a bit odd. Nonetheless, there is still a really good chance that I will own them all by December 25.

I also bought The Mysteries of Udolpho and the Annotated Northanger Abbey for my December read-along/paired read.

Out of the remaining ten books, 8 are YA'ish fiction:

1. The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters (I loved her first book, In the Shadow of Blackbirds). 2. Talon by Julie Kagawa (dragons). 3. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (I was approved for an ARC of this book, but had to buy the real thing. I love Maggie Stiefvater. I'll have a review up as soon as the blogger blackout is over on 11/1/14). 4. Every Breath by Ellie Marney. 5. The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue (this book is getting a lot of buzz. It looks terrifying and amazing). 6. Compulsion by Martina Boone (ghosts). 7. My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (holiday stories by some of my favorite YA authors). 8. Beware the Wild by Natalie Parker (southern gothic).

I also selected The Glassblower - historical fiction - from the kindle first selections. Isn't the cover pretty!

Last, but certainly not least, I've been planning to read Edmund Morris's trilogy biography of Theodore Roosevelt for at least five years. The first book, The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt was the Kindle Daily Deal this week, so I grabbed it, too.

And now, I am all caught up. At least with my TBR posts, if not with my actual TBR list!