moonlightreader

Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Proposing a buddy read

The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson, Laura Miller

Is anyone up for an autumn buddy read of The Haunting of Hill House? Basic schedule would be September 20 through October 1.

I read We Have Always Lived in the Castle last year and it was amazing (title links to review).

Plot summary:

The classic supernatural thriller by an author who helped define the genre First published in 1959, Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House has been hailed as a perfect work of unnerving terror. It is the story of four seekers who arrive at a notoriously unfriendly pile called Hill House: Dr. Montague, an occult scholar looking for solid evidence of a "haunting"; Theodora, his lighthearted assistant; Eleanor, a friendless, fragile young woman well acquainted with poltergeists; and Luke, the future heir of Hill House. At first, their stay seems destined to be merely a spooky encounter with inexplicable phenomena. But Hill House is gathering its powers-and soon it will choose one of them to make its own.

It's only 182 pages long.

Come on, you know you want to read it with me!