moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

#BookadayUK - Day 25

Laird of the Mist - Paula Quinn The Chief - Monica McCarty The Dark Highlander - Karen Marie Moning Highland Lover (Murray Family, #12) - Hannah Howell

A few prompts ago, I mentioned Outlander as a book I thought I would hate, but ended up loving.

And now this prompt - about guilty pleasures. Books about sexy times with kilt-wearing warriors. Uh huh, that's right.

I have read a humiliating number of these books. From my gateway drug by Paula Quinn - plucky heroine is kidnapped by hot kilt guy, romance ensues - to Hannah Howell - och, lassie, stop with the brogue, ye ken - to the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures, Karen Marie Moning and her time-travelling virgins who are fated and mated to the biggest, baddest and kiltiest of highlanders, and Monica McCarty with her historical (I'm not kidding here) Special Ops men in kilts, I have read dozens of these ridiculous, embarrassing, occasionally downright silly, romance novels, many of which have nothing more than some plaid and some abs on the covers.

Thank heavens for my kindle, so no one sees those covers!