moonlightreader

Colin Thubron
Progress: 50/304 pages

#BookadayUK - Day 21

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

This prompt is a bit tough for two reasons: first, I don't voluntarily read stuff I think I'm going to hate (at least not since I graduated from law school), and I am pretty much total book slut - I like nearly all genres, classics and literary fiction. So, it is rare that I read a book I think I am going to hate, and if the book is well-written, I can usually find something about it to like.

I never intended to read Outlander, though. My thought process went something like: "well, it's time travel, about a hot Scottish dude, and, yeah, total cheesefest." One of my friends badgered me endlessly to read it, so, in a fit of "will you leave me alone if I try to read it" exasperation, she agreed that she would never darken my doorstep with discussions of Jamie Fraser again if I would read twenty pages past where Claire steps through the standing stones. Until that point, I didn't plan on finishing the book.  I started counting the pages, got totally absorbed, and the next time I looked up, I was at page 500. Now I am an unapologetic fan.

Who is looking forward to the Starz premiere.