moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Vacation reading: the short list

The Last Policeman - Ben H. Winters A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness Wicked Intentions - Elizabeth Hoyt The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch Maisie Dobbs - Jacqueline Winspear Exclusively Yours (The Kowalskis) - Shannon Stacey The Bat - Jo Nesbo A Rule Against Murder - Louise Penny

Fantasy/Urban Fantasy:

The Last Policeman trilogy by Ben Winters - the final book was just released today.

The All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness - the final book was just released today

Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness - this one has been out a while and I already own it.

Gentlemen Bastards by Scott Lynch - I've heard nothing but good things about this one, although the series is not yet complete.

Romance:

Maiden Lane by Elizabeth Hoyt: I read the first of this series ages ago and liked it a lot. It seemed to be a little bit different than a lot of historical romance. This one is on the sixth book, and I can't tell if it is complete. I'm thinking no.

The Kowalski's by Stacey Shannon: this one has about a million books, but it is cheap & looks cute.

Mystery:

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear: this one is not complete, but there are a lot of books, so that is OK.

Harry Hole by Jo Nesbo: ongoing, but the early books have been translated and released for an English speaking audience.

Inspector Gamache: I've read the first three of these, and could probably polish off another four over the vacation.

That is the short list. Today. I still have about two weeks to settle!