moonlightreader

Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Weekend update

Books acquired this week:

My mother was apparently buying kindle books, so I ended up with these two. I'm less interested in the Archer than the Austenland, but they both look promising.

My book club account has been doing some buying as well:

I've been waiting for the final book in Laini Taylor's trilogy for a long while. I purposely didn't read Days of Blood and Starlight because I wanted to read books 2 & 3 consecutively. I'm planning to reread book 1 before I start on book 2. Hopefully next week?

I'm a Morganville fan, so when I saw that Rachel Caine had written a Romeo & Juliet retelling, I was pretty excited. So were the other members of my book buyer club. And Rebel Belle looks like it'll be funny.

These two are both on sale right now - Red Rising is $1.99 and The Sound is .99. Red Rising got A LOT of buzz back when it was published. We considered it, but no one was crazy about buying it. Now that it has dropped in price, we can't turn it down.

The last three that we've bought so far this month. They all look interesting.

What I've been reading:

Current book category:

I finished E&P this week, and really enjoyed it. The pop culture references are right up my personal alley, so that was really fun.

I'm at about the mid-point of The Tropic of Serpents. I really love this series - intrepid Victorian ladies in skirts exploring the world in spite of cultural censure are one of my favorite tropes. Also, dragons. So a combination of the two is basically written just for me.

Dead authors:

I am participating in the Madame Bovary read along on my blog, and reading The Scarlet Pimpernel with some GR friends. I'm in Book 2 of Mme. Bovary, and at about 15% of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I'll finish Pimpernel first, since the Mme Bovary read goes basically to the end of the month.

What about y'all?