moonlightreader

Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Thinking of an occasional blog series

So, many of you know that I am a lawyer. This makes me a bit nit-picky about legal stuff in books because so often it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Would you all be interested in posts discussing general and/or specific ways in which fiction screws up police procedure, investigations, criminal procedure, trial practice, and the presentation of various types of evidence in books? Or would that just be annoying?

I'm asking not because I necessarily fault authors for getting things wrong (especially when the story demands a certain outcome), but because I think it's interesting to compare reality with fiction and discuss why authors are making the plot choices that they are making when they aren't even remotely realistic. Also, is it laziness or is it just opportunism and does it matter?

Whatcha all think?