moonlightreader

Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

January Recap

Totals: 18 books, 7688 pages

Best of the month:

This is hard, because I read some great books this month!

The Stockholm Octavo by Karen Engelmann was a great historical fiction read, well-researched, fun to read, building to a ripping finish. I also loved And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard because she writes so beautifully, Emily Beam was a delightful character, and she wove the poems into the story with what appeared to be effortless proficiency. Doomsday Book by Connie Willis was a bit on the long side, but her treatment of the middle ages was fantastic. I had a love/hate relationship with Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It was a shocking and intense read, and I am left bewildered and amazed at her skill as a writer. I cannot imagine how anyone could find Wuthering Heights romantic, but I know that I will never forget reading it.

Worst of the month:

Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley. For further discussion, you can read my review on booklikes, here.

Progress on Challenges: