moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

November Reads

Eugene Onegin - Alexander Pushkin, Stanley Mitchell Chronicles of Avonlea - L.M. Montgomery In the Bleak Midwinter - Julia Spencer-Fleming The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe The Ghost Bride: A Novel - Yangsze Choo Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks Eight Cousins (Puffin Classics) - Louisa May Alcott Mistborn: The Final Empire  - Brandon Sanderson Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling Soulless - Gail Carriger, Gail Carriger

Reading plans for November after the cut!

Eugene Onegin: the Dead Writers Society monthly group read for November. This is a novel-length Russian poem. I am reading the Penguin Classics edition pictured above, which was translated by Stanley Mitchell.

The Chronicles of Avonlea: this is one of the two short story collections that Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote in her Anne of Green Gables world, and, with the other collection, concludes my year long re-read of the Anne Shirley books. I am actually two books behind, so I will also be catching up with Rainbow Valley and Rilla of Ingleside.

In the Bleak Midwinter is the first book of Julia Spencer-Fleming's amazing mystery series about the Reverend Clare Fergussen and Police Chief Russ Van Alstyne set in Millers Kill, NY. I will be rereading the whole series over the next few months because I love them.

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane is being read for my participation in the MOOC Plagues, Witches and Wars. This is a lot of fun, although I am not planning on getting a certificate of completion at the end of it because I didn't read one of the books and I don't plan, therefore, to complete all of the requirements to get the certificate.

The Ghost Bride is also being read for the MOOC. However, it looks so awesome that I would be reading it either way.

The Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks is my last book for the MOOC. I have read two prior books by Ms. Brooks: March, which is her Pulitzer Prize winning novel that tells the story of Mr. March - father of Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy - and his experience in the civil war, which was fantastic, and The People of the Book, which I highly, highly recommend.

I am reading Alcott's Eight Cousins for the Alcott event. This is a reread, and if I have time, I will also read Rose in Bloom, which is the sequel.

Finally, I will be participating in the Mistborn group read over here, on Booklikes, and LitChick's Epic Harry Potter Reread.

EDITED: Crap! I totally forgot about another buddy read, I'm involved in with Soulless by Gail Carriger!

Looking at this list of books, I feel like I should just go back to bed and get up on December 1. They all look wonderful. But, criminey, how did I get in so far over my head?