moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Moonlight Reader's 30 Day Challenge: Ketchup Edition

The Highlander's Touch  - Karen Marie Moning Highlander Untamed - Monica McCarty A Highlander Never Surrenders  - Paula Quinn Jane Austen: Seven Novels - Jane Austen The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

There is no way that I will catch up all in one day, because I am ten days behind. Today you get days:

Day 12: A book you loved but hated at the same time:

This screams "guilty pleasure" to me. I have a lot of these [blushes], but the ones that leap most persistently to my mind are Karen Marie Moning's Highlander books. They are cheesy as hell. The men are beyond ridiculous in their kilted masculinity. They have time travel, and I have sort of a love-hate relationship with books about time travel.

I devoured them in like a week. As I finished one, I would say to myself "just one more" and then (no matter what time of day or night it happened to be) I would log onto my amazon account and download the next one. When I finally got to the end, I considered just turning back around and reading them again.

Instead, I moved on to other cheesy Highlander romances, not all involving time travel, but all involving men in kilts, like Monica McCarty's, which are dreadful. Absolutely awful. And yet delicious at the same time.

Day 13: Your favorite writer:

I have a lot of favorite writers. I have one writer whose entire catalogue I have consumed. Every word, including the unfinished works, and the juvenalia Jane Austen.

Day 14: Book turned movie and completely desecrated:

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. WTF. Terrible.