moonlightreader

Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry
One Week Girlfriend - Monica  Murphy A "just okay" read. Although that may pretty much be the max that I am capable of giving this genre, since there has not been one - yet - that was anything more than "meh" to me, including Beautiful Disaster. Except Easy. I'm still looking for the next Easy.

I will say that this one is fairly well-written, and I enjoyed the "trope reversal" between good boy and bad girl. Not that Fable is actually bad, but she is complex, and not that Drew is all "good" but at least he isn't some obvious tatted-up bad boy who belongs to a secret Fight Club. Or, whatever.

Minor gripe. OK, it's actually not all that minor, but here it is: why do so many of these "NA" authors have to break their contemporary romances into multiple books. It's one story. Tell the damned story. I feel better now, getting that off my chest.

I only paid .99 for this one, which is good, because it's only about 1/3 of the story. I liked the story. I want to read the rest of it. But it annoys me that readers are being extorted into buying additional books to read the end of the story that they already freaking bought.