moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl
Timothy Egan
Progress: 91/340 pages
Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry
I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith This book is one of those books that everyone loves, but no one has ever heard of - sort of like [b:A Town Like Alice|107301|A Town Like Alice|Nevil Shute|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327957610s/107301.jpg|276591] or pretty much anything by Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman. Maybe it's a British thing, and I'm an American. I don't know.

In any event, Cassandra Mortmain, the narrator provides one of the most delightful voices in fiction. She is prodigiously precocious, not sarcastic, cynical or obnoxious, but dear and funny and bright. Everyone should read this book.