moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

An invitation to a Louisa May Alcott read-along

Eden's Outcasts: The Story of Louisa May Alcott and Her Father - John Matteson Little Women: (Classics Deluxe Edition) (Penguin Classics Deluxe Editio) - Louisa May Alcott Eight Cousins (Puffin Classics) - Louisa May Alcott Rose in Bloom - Louisa May Alcott Work: A Story of Experience (Penguin Classics) - Louisa May Alcott Woman in the Nineteenth Century (Norton Critical Editions) - Margaret Fuller

I am part of a private group of friends on GR who read books written by dead authors. A number of us have been planning on reading some of the works of Louisa May Alcott in November. I have created a public group for this event, and thought I would extend the invitation here, as well.

I will be reading the books listed above, and discussing them there.

Alcott was part of the American transcendentalist movement, along with Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, the Peabody sisters, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Bronson Alcott, and Henry David Thoreau. Anything written by or about any of those writers would also be excellent fodder for discussion in the Alcott event!

Please join us, even if all you want to do is talk about how much you loathe Ms. Alcott and her books. All opinions are welcome.

The title of the post will link you to the GR group.