moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Moonlight Reader's 30 Day Challenge: Day 05

Winter Solstice - Rosamunde Pilcher Murder on the Orient Express (A Hercule Poirot Mystery) - Agatha Christie The First Rumpole Omnibus - John Mortimer

05: A book that makes me happy.

There are several different kinds of books that make me happy:

1. Hefty, warm, preferably British, family sagas. See, e.g., Rosamunde Pilcher. I first discovered Rosamund Pilcher when I stumbled on The Shell Seekers. I love all of her books.

2. Cozy mysteries from the Golden Age of Mysteries. See, e.g. Dorothy Sayers, Agatha Christie. The classic British country house mysteries are so much fun to try to puzzle out.

3. Rumpole of the Bailey by John Mortimer. Rumpole, the Old Bailey hack, and his exploits never fail to make me laugh.

I've just noticed that my happiness meter seems to have a strong British bias. Odd.