I'm going to try to remember to play a new game on the first Saturday of each month - I'm going to pick a book currently being read by one of my BL friends (or something that someone read in the preceding few days), and create a chain of books to get me to a book that I want to read during the month.

For January, I'm going to do Six Degrees of Separation from Grey Mask by Patricia Wentworth.

Grey Mask - Patricia Wentworth

My second book is Agnes Grey, by Anne Bronte, since it also has the word "grey" in the title.

Agnes Grey - Angeline Goreau,Anne Brontë

Agnes works as a governess for some horrible, horrible children, which takes me to a fun little Courtney Milan romance that I read a while ago:

The Governess Affair - Courtney Milan

If we're going to talk about books with "Affair" in the title, I have to mention Agatha's first book:

The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie

Which involved a poisoning murder, and which takes me to Tasha Alexander's

A Poisoned Season - Tasha Alexander

The main character of "A Poisoned Season" is Lady Emily Ashton. She shares a name with Emily Eden, author of:

The Semi-Attached Couple and the Semi-Detached House - Emily Eden

Which is sitting on my TBR cart, ready to read...

So, there we go. From Grey Mask to Emily Eden, in five, easy books.

If you want to join in the fun, use the tag "six degrees of BL separation". I shamelessly stole this idea from a blogger I follow on wordpress, Kate, of Books Are My Favorite and Best, although I have given it a Booklikes twist.