407 Following

Moonlight Reader

Currently reading

Jane And Prudence (VMC)
Barbara Pym, Jilly Cooper
Few Eggs and No Oranges: The Diaries of Vere Hodgson 1940-45
Vere Hodgson, Jenny Hartley

Goodbye 2019

Thanks to everyone who is posting their wonderful and fascinating end of year/end of decade reading posts and their bookish goals for next year. I absolutely love reading them.


I'm sorry to say that I am entirely lacking in the energy to do one myself.


I'm so exhausted that the only thing I've been able to come up with is a single word for the year 2020.




That's it. That's all I am going to try to do, but it covers a multitude of things: paying off the remainder of my non-mortgage debt (I've paid off about 55% last year, the remaining 45% is scheduled to be paid off in 2020); finish the decluttering of the shed, garage, other outside spaces, and my entire house; continuing to say "no" to things that don't interest me, focusing on my reading, cross-stitching, quilting, baking and other such quiet and gentle pursuits, and refining and streamlining my work and home lives.


I will say that I have a good feeling about the next decade. I think it's going to be amazing.