I think I will just mark any door where I've finished at least one task and/or the book because I'm feeling lazy...

Door 4: Guy Fawkes Day:

Task 1: Make a list of the top 3 treasonous crimes against books that an author can commit.

Task 2: Start a revolution: What one thing would you change about the book reading world? (Be it publishing, distribution, editing, cover art, bookstores – anything having to do with books.)

Task 3: Make a little straw (or wood / cloth / wool / fabric) effigy of the book character you like least.

Task 4:

How do you order the books on your shelves?

Book: Read a book set in the UK . . . : I finished Blue Lightning, the fourth in the Shetland series by Ann Cleeves. Link to post.

Door 3:  Melbourne Cup Day:

Task 1: Pick your ponies. One of my ponies placed! Go, Prince of Arran, go!

Task 2: Roses are the official flower of Flemington Race Track; write your own “Roses are Red, Violets are Blue” poem for one of your favorite or most hated books of all time.

Task 3: Aussies shorten everything, so Melbourne Cup Day is just called “Cup Day” – post a picture of your favorite cup or mug for your daily fix of coffee, tea or chocolate.

Task 4: Prepare your favorite dessert – in a cup! Post a photo of it for us to enjoy vicariously.

Book: Read a book about horses, with a horse or with roses on the cover, about gardening, or set in Australia, or written by an Australian author.

Door 2: Japanese Culture Day:

Task 1: Tell us about a cultural festival or event in the area where you live.

Task 2: Try a flavor of Kit Kat other than chocolate and report back if you liked it.

Task 3: Try your hand at folding a paper crane. Link to instructions.

Task 4: If you like Japanese food, treat yourself to a favorite dish.

Book: Read a graphic novel or a book set in a school or academic setting.

Door 1: Dia De Los Muertos

Task 1: Compose a limerick or short poem in honor of a favorite book character.

Task 2:  If you like Mexican food, treat yourself to a favorite dish – and / or make yourself a margarita – and share a photo.

Task 3: Write an epitaph for the book you most disliked this year.

Task 4: Do you have any traditions or mementos of happy memories of a loved one that you feel like sharing? Link to post.

Book: Reread a favorite book by a deceased author or from a finished series... I reread Hercule Poirot's Christmas for this task, which is a seasonal tradition for me.

Preview of book tasks!

Door 17: Dec. 21 – Winter Solstice (Yule / Yaldā Night / Dongzhi / Soyal)

Book: Read a book that takes place in December, with ice or snow on the cover, where all events take place in a single day or night, that revolves around the solstice, set in Persia / Iran, China or the American Southwest or prominently featuring Persian / Iranian, Chinese or Native American characters, or a collection of poetry.

Door 18: Dec. 22 – Hanukkah

Book: Read a book about light, miracles, featuring Jewish characters, set in Israel, that is the second book in a series, with the word “two” in the title, or with a light on the cover.

Door 19: Dec. 23 – Festivus

Book: Read any comedy, parody, or satire.

Door 20: Dec. 25 – Christmas

Book: Read a Christmas book.

Door 21: Dec. 26 – Kwanzaa

Book: Read a book set in Africa or the Caribbean, by an African, Caribbean, or African-American author, with a green, red, or black cover, or with crops of the earth or a native African animal on the cover (lion, giraffe, cheetah, etc.).

Door 22: Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve / St. Sylvester’s Day

Book: Read a book about an ending or a new start, where things go BOOM, with fireworks on the cover, set in medieval times, about the papacy, or where miracles of any sort are performed.

Door 23: Dec. 32 – Hogswatch

Book: Any- and everything Terry Pratchett.

For the members of the Discworld group: This of course includes the Discworld December read, Guards! Guards!, as well as some group members' favorite seasonal reread, Hogfather.

Door 24: Jan. 6 – Twelfth Night / Epiphany

Book: Read a book featuring three main characters, about traveling on a journey to a faraway place, a book that’s part of a trilogy, with a star on the cover, with the word “twelve” or “night” in the title, or concerning kings or spices.