I have been doing a lot of sewing - finishing up the Halloween quilt inspired me to get back to work on my sewing machine.

I have three friends having babies this year, so I will be making 3 baby quilts before the end of 2019. The first one is having her baby shower a week from today, so I finished up this quilt & matching drawstring bag last week.

The pattern is called "Zebra Parade," and it's a really easy little quilt to put together. My fabric bundle came with the most darling panel that I was able to cut up into 10X10 squares for the large square. The rest of the piecing is really simple, and it's all sashed in white. I quilted it with horizontal straight lines using white thread. It's really lovely and has a nice soft flannel backing for extra coziness!

A close up of one of the panel sections, which also gives a view of the quilting.

And another closeup, on my machine during the quilting process. Isn't that zebra adorable?

I love this little drawstring bag so much - this is a new thing for me, and I've since made two other drawstring bags for myself. I decided that I wanted a handmade "gift bag," and this was so easy. It's lined with a solid light green that I had bought for the quilt and ended up not using - similar to the daisy print in the bottom right.

And here is a picture of what it looks like when it is open.

Bag making has been a total blast! So far, I've made myself two project bags as well as a big canvas lined laundry bag that I plan to tuck in my duffle bag for my road trip. This weekend, I am going to make a matching "travel set" to go with the laundry bag: toothbrush & toothpaste bag, a small drawstring pouch for my makeup, and a tote bag for the bathroom stuff. I'm using a fabric bundle called Poolside, which has some '50's inspired prints with martinis, sunglasses, palm trees and beach towels, which seems perfect for my travel stuff!