925 Sidekicks

Late Eclipses
Seanan McGuire
Albion: The Origins of the English Imagination
Peter Ackroyd

More of a curiosity than anything else

The Floating Admiral - Helen Simpson, Agatha Christie, The Detection Club, Milward Kennedy, Margaret Cole, Henry Wade, Clemence Dane, John Rhode, Anthony Berkeley, Victor L. Whitechurch, Freeman Wills Crofts, Edgar Jepson, Ronald Knox, Dorothy L. Sayers, G.D.H. Cole, G.K. Chesterton

This collaborative mystery is not to be taken seriously. While I got quite a kick out of it, it's a good thing that the members of The Detection Club didn't really make a habit of this - there are a total of three of these collaborative mysteries, each with a different spin.

At the end of the day, this was really an over-complicated mess with a not particularly convincing solution. The Appendix does provide alternative solutions, with each author beyond Chapter 3 providing their own. Christie's made me laugh out loud, it was so perfectly Agatha Christie. The others were entertaining as well, albeit a bit long-winded.

I'm glad I read it, but once was enough. This isn't a book with significant rereading potential.