904 Sidekicks

Taylor Jenkins Reid
Progress: 25 %
An Unsuitable Attachment
Barbara Pym

Reading progress update: I've read 50 out of 309 pages.

The Floating Admiral - Helen Simpson, Agatha Christie, The Detection Club, Milward Kennedy, Margaret Cole, Henry Wade, Clemence Dane, John Rhode, Anthony Berkeley, Victor L. Whitechurch, Freeman Wills Crofts, Edgar Jepson, Ronald Knox, Dorothy L. Sayers, G.D.H. Cole, G.K. Chesterton

The prologue is very confusing, although I'm sure it will make more sense as the tale develops - the connection to Hong Kong is obscure at best at this point. The prologue was written last.

I've finished the first three chapters as well, and am moving into Agatha Christie's chapter. So far, the experience of reading has been amusing, if a bit disjointed. It reminds me of a parlor game - each chapter ends with a bit of a cliff-hanger, and then the new author takes the story off in a new direction.

The early authors definitely had the easier task, since they are working with a largely blank canvas, as opposed to the later authors who have to keep in mind all of the clues and characters that have been sprinkled liberally about in the preceding chapters.