1821 Sidekicks

Bleak House
Charles Dickens, Hablot Knight Browne, Nicola Bradbury
Progress: 54 %

TBR Thursday (but on Friday, again): February 8

What I read this week: Miss Silver Intervenes by Patricia Wentworth; By The Pricking of My Thumbs, Postern of Fate, Mrs. McGinty's Dead, Parker Pyne Investigates, Death Comes As The End;  and The Clocks  by Agatha Christie; The Iron Clew by Alice Tilton, The Great Fortune by Olivia Manning (Book 1 of The Balkan Trilogy).

Currently Reading

High Rising - Angela Thirkell  Mary Barton - MacDonald Daly,Elizabeth Gaskell  Third Girl (Hercule Poirot, #35) - Agatha Christie

High Rising by Angela Thirkell: I previously read this book, but decided to continue on with the Thirkell's Barsetshire books, so I decided on a quick reread. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell: I am about 30% done with this Victorian classic and I am as impressed by Elizabeth Gaskell as I expected to be given how much I loved North and South. Third Girl by Agatha Christie is another reread. I've been enjoying the later Poirots much more this time around than I did on the first read, so I'm interested in my response to this one. I really didn't like it the first time I read it.

To Read:

The Shell Seekers - Rosamunde Pilcher   September - Rosamunde Pilcher

In honor of Rosamund Pilcher's passing yesterday, I've decided to do a reread of this duology.

Fortunes of War: The Balkan Trilogy - Rachel Cusk,Olivia Manning Sleeping Murder (Miss Marple) - Agatha Christie Why Didn't They Ask Evans? - Agatha Christie

Continuing with Book 2 of The Balkan Trilogy; Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie; Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie