1000 Sidekicks

An Unsuitable Attachment
Barbara Pym

Aaaah, vacation

The Raven in the Foregate - Ellis Peters Becoming - Michelle Obama

I've been pretty busy the last week and a half or so, getting ready to be off work next week! As of yesterday, I had 9 days of freedom.

My daughter arrived home from far away last Wednesday, so we've been having lots of nice quiet times, chatting, drinking coffee, watching Christmas movies and just generally hanging out. My son's job finished up last Thursday - he is a teaching assistant at a music school, and their terms coincide with the school calendar, so he is off until January. My husband's temporary job for Lego ends next week. All in all, the MR household is festive indeed!

I am planning to get to some of the Tasks this week - I've fallen behind. But I did update the Open Doors thread on the Discussion Group with all of the Tasks, if you've been wondering if that would happen! And now, I am off to my reading place to hang out with Brother Cadfael for a bit - I've just started The Raven in the Foregate.

I also bought the audiobook of Michelle Obama narrating her memoir, Becoming, which is just delightful so far! It fits at least a couple of the Tasks, so I need to find the time to listen to it before the end of the year!