Dear St. Nick:

I have many bookish wishes for the holiday season. Some of them will be admittedly easier than others.

1. A complete set of the 130 books published by Persephone Books and all 687 Virago Modern Classics. In print and ebook formats please. I know this is a lot of books, so I will also need a few additional bookshelves.

2.  For someone to discover a trove - say a minimum of ten - Superintendent Battle/Colonel Race/stand-alone mysteries written by Agatha Christie between 1930 and 1945, previously undiscovered in a trunk in someone's country house.

3. A solid adaptation of the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes mysteries to be released on either Amazon or Netflix.

4. And, while we're talking adaptations here, the Amazon Middle Earth adaptation had better be amazing.

5. Since my visit to Memphis, Tennessee, it occurs to me that someone - and specifically an author of color since I'm not interested in a white washed version - needs to write a well-researched historical saga about the intersection of rock and roll and the civil rights movement on Beale Street from the perspective of the African-American community. Somewhere there is an author who can do it justice and I want to read this book (or, better yet this series of books).

I've always believed in you.