Does anyone have any projects planned for 2019? December is the month that I generally sit down and think about what I want my reading to look like in the next year, an picking the challenges that I want to participate in. This year I was not successful with most of my reading "plans," which is fine, but I'd like to be a bit more focused next year!

I am still working hard to pay off a few things (daughter's college education!), so my reading projects need to be largely accessible through the library or available used with my book credits.

Generally, I am planning to participate in the Back to the Classics 2019 challenge (if there is one - it hasn't been announced yet) as my main project, with the twist of fitting it into my All the Vintage Ladies project/blog. If there isn't a new one, I'll probably just take the categories from last year's challenge and create my own mini-challenge.

I also want to focus on a few authors/series next year.

I settled on the Mercedes Lackey Valdemar series as a long term fantasy series project - there are several sub-trilogies within the series, so I will just read them until I burn out. I'm doing the publication order, so I am starting with the Heralds of Valdemar series.  I read almost the entire first book yesterday, so I'll probably plan to read one of the sub-trilogies a month or so.

In terms of my Golden Age Mystery project, I am going to focus on Patricia Wentworth in 2019. I have become a huge fan of her books this year, and she has tons of books. I've already collected around half of her Miss Silver mysteries on my kindle, but I also want to dip into some of her stand alone books and her other shorter series. Hopefully Open Road will put her on sale during the year and I can snag some more, and I will just keep my eyes peeled every time I hit a UBS.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Books - there is no way that I will finish this series this year, but I have enjoyed both of the Discworld books I've read (Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters) so I want to read some more. I am going to read Hogfather for 24 Tasks of the Festive Season, and then I will read Witches Abroad in early 2019 to finish out the first witches trilogy. I haven't decided on where to go next!