This is probably mostly a question for Wanda, since she reads a lot of fantasy, but anyone else who has opinion can weigh in as well!

I am looking for a new long fantasy series. I'm choosing between three options, with a dark house space opera as the fourth possibility.

Option one:

Arrows of the Queen - Mercedes Lackey

There are a lot of people who love this series. The first was published in 1987, and there are somewhere around 36 books in the series. It's doubtful that I would finish them all, but there are lots of options for mini-series arcs within the series

Option two:

Deryni Rising - Katherine Kurtz

The first Deryni book was published all the way back in 1970. This series appears to have 18 primary works (per Goodreads), and is based loosely on Celtic mythology, as is the next possibility.

Option three:

Daggerspell (Deverry Series, Book One) - Katharine Kerr

The first book in the Deverry series was published in 1986, and the series has a total of 15 primary works. It also appears to contain dragons, which are one of my favorite cryptids. Wanda just reviewed one of these books.

Option four (the dark horse):

Shards of Honour - Lois McMaster Bujold

Louise McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga is a space opera that has long been on my list of series to start. It has 16 primary works and 33 total works (no idea what the differences are).

So, what I'm looking for is a long, complicated, immersive narrative that is fun. I really think I want something that is more fantasy than sci fi. Is anyone familiar with any of these series, and do you have any additional suggestions. No trilogies - I want something that's at least ten books, and it needs to be written by a woman. No grim dark gritty series, either. I don't really want anything urban fantasy either. It doesn't necessarily need to be a completed series, but it needs to be far along in the process.

Thanks!