Task 2: If you’ve ever attended a procession or an event involving festively decked out boats, post a picture and tell us about it.

Like many river cities, Portland has an annual Christmas boat parade. I've only managed to get down to the river to see it a couple of times - the last time was when my kids were very young and my husband and I took them to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, which has an amazing river view. It was a lot of fun, and was very festive! People really deck out their boats for the holidays:

I don't have any pictures from the occasion, so I had to make do with this photo from google images.

Task 3: Bon Om Touk celebrates the end of the rainy season. Tell us: What’s your favorite type of rainy day book – and do you have a favorite drink or snack to go with your rainy day reading? Photos welcome!

Well, I live in Oregon, so pretty much every book is a rainy day book! In all seriousness, though, there's nothing like a mystery - especially of the Golden Age variety - for a rainy day. There's something so comfortable about curling up on the sofa with a quilt, a cup of coffee/tea or glass of wine, and whiling the rainy day reading (or re-reading) one of Dame Agatha's mystery.

Pictures of my favorite cozy reading spot:

Task 4: Which are your 3 favorite books where a key character is “moonlighting”?

Cozy mysteries lend themselves very well to this category, because most of them have main characters who moonlight as amateur sleuths:

1. Anything with Miss Marple, who is a fluffy old lady moonlighting as a detective;

2. The Brother Cadfael mysteries, with a monk who moonlights solving mysteries;

3. Discount Armageddon & Midnight Blue Light Special, where the cryptozoologist cum monster slayer Verity Price moonlights as a ballroom dancer.

Book: Read a book that takes place at sea or on a river OR with water on the cover OR where the plot involves a festival or the moon plays a pivotal role in the plot.

I think I will reread Death on the Nile for this one!