Task 1: List the 3 books you’ve read this year you’re most “thankful” for (your favs) or the one book you’ve ever read that changed your life for the better.

There are a few books that I've read that changed my life for the better. Three of those books are:

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek - Annie Dillard  The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas

There are many more than just three, but I'm picking these for the following reasons:

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek was a book I read during law school, at a time when I was very much grappling with those deep things with which one mostly grapples when young. I fell in love with Annie Dillard's words, and her seeking. I've reread it many times over the years, and I always come away with something new.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was the first fantasy book that I can remember reading, and it spawned in me a love of books, and specifically of fantasy, that has stood me in good stead throughout my entire life.

Devil in Winter is a bit of an odd choice, I know. But it cured me of a pretty bad case of book snobbery a few years back, and was just a really fun introduction back into the joys of the romance genre, especially historical romance.

Task 3: Name a book you’ve read this year that you thought was full of “stuffing”.

Pirate King - Laurie R. King

I finally managed to finish The Pirate King, which is the weakest entry in Laurie King's Mary Russell series by far. It was definitely full of stuffing, as the series can easily be enjoyed even with just skipping this one, which I do recommend.