I've got a lot of reading plans for the week ahead! I went hog-wild with my library holds, so I have nine books waiting in the holds section for me to pick up, I still have 3 checked out to finish, and I am going to try to participate in the 1944 club on my wordpress blog, All The Vintage Ladies.

I have 3 British Library Crime Classics on hold.

Death of a Busybody - George Bellairs   Death Makes a Prophet - John Bude   Blood on the Tracks - Martin Edwards,Various Authors

I am especially excited about the Blood on the Tracks anthology, since I love train mysteries. I've been looking forward to that one since I saw that it was scheduled for release.

The other books I have on hold are:

Sadie - Courtney Summers  Force of Nature: A Novel - Jane Harper   Cover Her Face - P.D. James

I enjoyed Jane Harper's first book, The Dry, so I'm looking forward to Force of Nature. P.D. James is an old friend, and I've been meaning to dip back into her Adam Dalgliesh mysteries- Cover Her Face is the first in the series. Sadie has a very interesting plot summary, and I've licked at least one of the author's other books.

Finally, I have some non-fiction waiting for me.

Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors and the Drug Company that Addicted America - Beth Macy   Squeezed: Why Our Families Can't Afford America - Alissa Quart

Both of which will probably be depressing, but also interesting.

I'm also participating in the #1944 club on my wordpress blog, which entails reading a book published in 1944. I have a few options ready for that challenge!

Sparkling Cyanide - Agatha Christie The Clock Strikes Twelve (Miss Silver Mystery) - Patricia Wentworth

Sparkling Cyanide is a reread, of course, but all three of the other options are new to me. Of the four, The Clock Strikes Twelve is the most appealing to me.

This is a good time to remind everyone that we are 9 days away from the fall readathon!