Gothic: I am trying to pick mostly books that I already own, so for this one I'm going with an older gothic romance: The Lost Island by Phyllis Whitney. I'm also interested in The Strange Case of the Alchemists Daughter, and it would fit here!

Doomsday: I bought this series years ago for my daughter, and I'm hoping I can find it and that it hasn't already gone to Tennesee: Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. If I can't dig that one up, I think I will do a reread of The House with a Clock in its Walls, which is being adapted with Jack Black and Cate Blanchett.

Slasher Tales: I am pretty sure that I am going with the anthology Slasher Girls and Monster Boys for this one because I already own it. Either that, or a quick reread of Lois Duncan's I Know What You Did Last Summer.

A Grimm Tale: I have so many options for this one! At this point, I'm leaning towards The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert.

Supernatural: I've had Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw on my kindle for months, and Halloween bingo seems like the perfect time to read a book about Dr. Greta Helsing, whose medical practice focuses on treating the supernatural!

Country House Mystery: I love country house mysteries and I've been meaning to read more Inspector Alleyn, so I think I will read Death and the Dancing Footman for this one.

Southern Gothic: I am strongly leaning towards another Sharyn McCrumb for this one, probably The Rosewood Casket, since I already have it in paperback. The other option is Compulsion by Martina Boone, which is a YA paranormal set in South Carolina.

Spellbound: I bought Daughters of the Witching Hill for the first round of Halloween Bingo, and then I never read it! Perhaps this is the year!

13: I am pretty sure I am reading The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie for this one. Because Agatha.

Terror in a Small Town: I'm going to try out Midnight, Texas, in the non-Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris: Midnight Crossroad.

Modern Noir: I'm leaning towards Nightblind by Ragnar Jonasson, set in very snowy Iceland. I'm also considering the fourth book in Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad series, Broken Harbor, which I haven't yet read.

Deadlands: I'm strongly leaning towards Ghostwalkers (Deadlands #1) for the title and cover. My alternative is The Revenant of Thraxton Hall by Vaughn Entwistle.

Free: Some spontaneity is good, so I'm not assigning a book to this one.

Ghost Stories: Victoria Schwab is one of my favorite authors and City of Ghosts, which I already have pre-ordered, releases on August 28!

Relics and Curiosities: One of the few books that I plan to buy for Halloween Bingo is The Lost Book of the Grail by Charlie Lovett. In the alternative, I already own The Book of Speculation, which would also fit this space!

Suspense: I'm thinking that I will read Dark Places by Gillian Flynn for this square, before I watch the Amy Adams adaptation!

Baker Street Irregulars: I have been waiting for just this opportunity to read Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson.

Creepy Carnivals: I am planning to read The Wanderers by Kate Ormand, which is set in a circus of orphaned shapeshifters.

Fear the Drowning Deep: I'm really excited about my selection for this square - Into the Drowning Deep, by Mira Grant (which is a pen name for Seanan McGuire). It appears to be about terrifying and decidedly unfriendly mermaids.

Classic Horror: I'm either going to read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or The Turn of the Screw by Henry James for this one!

New Release: I may read The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton, which is scheduled to be published on September 20 - it fits under the "mystery" subheading.

Shifters: I've owned God Save the Queen by Kate Locke, which seems to have shifters, for probably four years and haven't ever gotten to it. Hopefully this is the year! And if it doesn't work out for this square, there are other places to substitute!

Diverse Voices: I've been holding onto Blackwater Rising by Attica Locke for this category! I read her Bluebird, Bluebird earlier this year and loved it.

Cryptozoologist: I was going to read this one for the new release square, but I've decided to assign it here for now! Tricks for Free by Seanan McGuire is book 7 in the InCryptids, a favorite series about a family of cryptozoologists from Oregon.

Terrifying Women: I haven't settled on a book for this square, but it will definitely be either Patricia Highsmith, Daphne du Maurier or Shirley Jackson, since they are my go to Terrifying Women!

I haven't "officially" identified a wild card author yet, but I am leaning towards Seanan McGuire, since I am really enjoying her books right now, and I have a ton of them available!

I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading!