These are in no order whatsoever!

Book titles link to the Goodreads page for the identified books. This post has been updated to include links to the book lists!

Creepy Carnivals: horror/mystery/supernatural/suspense set in or concerning a carnival, amusement park, or other party/festival.

Book suggestions: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, Joyland by Stephen King, Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie, Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern or Carniepunk, an urban fantasy anthology! Also, see MBD's brand new list for this category: Creepy Carnivals.

Southern Gothic: mystery, supernatural, suspense or horror set in the Southern part of the United States.

Book suggestions: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, Sharyn McCrumb's mystery series set in Dark Hollow, Tennessee, including If I Ever Return, Pretty Peggy-O, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. And, a new list for this square has been created: Southern Gothic.

Doomsday: anything related to the end of the world, doomsday cults, or a post-apocalypse world.

Book suggestions: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, The Last Policeman by Ben Winters, The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler, The House with the Clock in Its Walls by John Bellairs. The list for this square: Doomsday.

New release: mystery, suspense, horror or supernatural that was published after 10/31/17.

Book suggestions: too many to count, but I am personally looking forward to reading Tricks for Free by Seanan McGuire, which was released on 3/6/18!

Genre: Suspense: anything that fits into the suspense genre.

Book suggestions: again, this is a broad category - there are so many available books. I haven't settled on anything to fill this square. Our Suspense list is the cannibalized Romantic Suspense list, so if you have additions that are more generic, comment on the list, and MBD will add them when she has time!