Inbox/Haul:

I bought 3 kindle books, 1 print book, and 1 audiobook this week:

1. Seven Tears for Apollo by Phyllis Whitney: after reading This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart, I decided to try a Whitney that was set in Greece, and settled on this one, which is set on Rhodes. 2. Lost Island by Phyllis Whitney: this book came up when I was looking for a book set in Greece, and was only $1.99. So I bought it. 3. The Nursing Home Murder by Ngaio Marsh: this is the third Roderick Alleyn mystery, and is mentioned in Chapter 12 of TSCC100, Playing Politics, which I haven't yet crossed off my Detection Club bingo. 4. Serpents in Eden, edited by Martin Edwards: I ordered the print version of this book. The kindle prices on the BLCC editions have increased in price recently, so there isn't as much of a difference between ebook and paperback, and I've decided that I want a physical collection. My general plan is to buy one a week, starting with some of the short story compilations. 5. To Play the Fool by Laurie King: this is book 2 of the Kate Martinelli series. I used an audible credit for it, because I really enjoyed A Grave Talent.

Outbox/Read:

I finished 4 books this week: Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart, G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton, A Grave Talent by Laurie R. King, and Mystery in the Channel by Freeman Wills Crofts.

Reading Plans:

I am well into Seven Tears for Apollo, and will likely finish that tonight or tomorrow night. I also started The Mayfair Mystery by Frank Richardson, which is an exceedingly strange book. I am starting H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton - Obsidian Blue and I have started a buddy read since I've finally caught up to her! In addition, I'm part way through To Play the Fool on audio, so I'll continue with that over the weekend.

As for future plans for The Detection Club project, I am still planning for a Harriet Vane/Peter Wimsey reread sometime soon, and I want to explore a bit of Roderick Alleyn, so I'll probably dive into The Nursing Home Murder. Next up on my Christie reread is Murder on the Links, and then after that I'll be picking up The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I've reread that one fairly recently, but I'm looking for some specific elements in the reread.

I'm not planning on participating with any degree of formality in Dewey's Read-A-Thon this weekend, although I'm sure I'll spend some time curled up with a book. I'm also working on a quilt, which may get me to the end of my audiobook.