Haul/Inbox

Not much of a haul this week:

1. Minute for Murder by Nicholas Blake was on sale for $2.99, so I bought it. 2. The Disappeared by C.J. Box is the 18th installment in the long-running Joe Pickett series, which is a favorite in my family - my mom, dad and husband all read these as well as myself. I've not gotten to it yet, but will soon, no doubt. 3. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James: St. James writes modern gothic style romances, similar to Susanna Kearsley. I generally really like them, and the cover on this one is gorgeous! 4. The Golden Age of Murder by Martin Edwards: I already read this one, and really liked it.

Read/Outbox:

I had a pretty good reading week this week. I finished up The Hog's Back Murder by Freeman Wills Croft, and made significant progress on the Detection Club bingo, finishing The Golden Age of Murder by Martin Edwards, Latter End by Patricia Wentworth, The Secret Adversary and The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie, and The Hollow Man by John Dickson Carr. I also read The India Fan by Victoria Holt, which was mediocre, and A Brush With Shadows by Anna Lee Huber, which is the 6th book in the Lady Darby series.

That's 8 books. I guess I'd probably call that a really good reading week!

I'm also still working my way through A World Come Undone - I've passed the 50% mark, and expect to finish it sometime in April. It's a good book, but is not an easy read.

Plans for next week:

I think that I will focus a bit on gothic romance next week, since I've been devouring classic crime at such a ridiculous pace. I'm planning on The Broken Girls for sure, as well as a couple of backlist titles that I've had sitting on my tbr for a while: This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart, and The Legend of the Seventh Virgin by Victoria Holt. I'll probably also read The Disappeared by C.J. Box, and I'll work on the WWI history - I'd like to get to 75% before the end of March, although that seems unlikely at this point!