moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl
Timothy Egan
Progress: 224/340 pages
Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

A call for recommendations!

All right, everyone! One of my plans this year is to read more non-fiction. I'm going to try to read a couple of NF books a month.

In that vein, I'm looking for suggestions of good, narrative non-fiction. The themes that I am most interested in include: history, especially WWI or WWII, the lives of girls and women, Victorian era history, disasters, explorations, and crime (but not modern true crime), law, specific geographic areas (the Silk Road, India, Russia, England, Iceland, Scandinavia), biographies of significant statesmen (or women...), political figures, writers, artists or musicians, feminist icons but generally not celebrities, and not memoirs. They can broad or narrow, long or short, as long as they are interesting!

Hit me in the comments!