Moonlight Reader

Freeman Wills Crofts
Progress: 96/319 pages

Magic For Nothing by Seanan McGuire

Magic for Nothing - Seanan McGuire

I read this one for my Supernatural square. It would also fit for Monster, Ghost & Terrifying Women.

So, I'm all caught up on this series, and now I just have to wait for the next book.

I'd been waiting for a book from Antimony's POV for a while now. I love Verity, and am lukewarm on Alex, so I was curious to find out how I'd feel about the youngest of the Price siblings. Verity is still my favorite, but I enjoyed seeing the world from Antimony's grumpy, occasionally misanthropic, grudgy perspective.

McGuire is so imaginative and talented that when I stop to think about how many different series she writes, and how different each of those series are, I'm sort of blown away. This is still my favorite of her series, although I do also love the Wayward Children series.

The carnival setting is strangely effective here, and reading this book in October was serendipitous. I was reminded frequently of Something Wicked This Way Comes by Bradbury, which is one of the books that most clearly signals autumn to me.