moonlightreader

Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry
The Alienist
Caleb Carr
Progress: 38/498 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 24%.

The Story of Classic Crime in 100 Books - Martin Edwards

This is a whirlwind tour of classic crime fiction which is in the process of exploding my tbr.

Martin Edwards is the current president of The Detection Club, and was appointed its first "archivist" in 2011. He apparently has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things classic crime, and is the anthologist who put together the Locked Room Mystery anthology which I am currently reading. He has also put together several other anthologies for the British Library Crime Classics series, many of which play off of the chapter titles within this book, including: Chapter Six, Serpents in Eden (murders occurring in rural/country settings); Chapter Seven, Murder at the Manor, Chapter Eight, Capital Crimes (murders occurring in London) and Chapter 9, Resorting to Murder (murders on holiday).

I am just beginning Chapter 9. I'm literally reading this with GR open on my chromebook next to me, adding books to a shelf as they catch my interest. With so many out of print books coming back into availability as ebooks, I'm astonished at how many of them I can download for under $5.00.

The GR list that I've created while reading can be found here, if anyone is interested.