359 Following

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Game host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

Currently reading

The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl
Timothy Egan
Progress: 224/340 pages
Capital Crimes: London Mysteries: A British Library Crime Classic (British Library Crime Classics)
Martin Edwards
Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Eighteen hours!

So, I finished the Halloween quilt! It took me a bit over 19 hours to put the back together, baste it, quilt it and bind it. I know this because I finished the entire Fellowship of the Ring in the three days I worked on it!


Pictures! First, here's the back. I used a black and orange polka dot that I bought at Joanne's for $4.00 a yard on sale, and I pieced it with an 8 1/2 in strip of pieced fabric. It turned out great!



Now for the quilt itself:



It is a total of 65 x 78. I went ahead and added a border, although I ran out of fabric at the bottom, as you can see, so I just finished it using a different fabric (the skulls). I did an all over stipple quilt in gray, and then I quilted the border using orange thread, which doesn't really show up in the picture, but it looks cute. The binding is a scrappy binding made with leftover quilt fabric. It was a ton of work, but I am thrilled with how it turned out!


I'm exhausted, though! 




Portable Magic asked for a close up of the embroidery. There are actually 10 embroidery blocks - these are a representative sample! All of the patterns came from urban threads! Sorry about the crappy lighting in the photo.