moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

Game Play Update: 4/26/17

Bank: $37.00

Roll 6

4/26/17: I finished Frontierland 2 and added $3.00 to my bank!

My next roll of 7 puts me on Fantasyland 9 - Read a book that is tagged genre fantasy or fairy tale on GR. I have a lot of books that will qualify, but think that I will read Within the Sanctuary of Wings by Marie Brennan, the 5th, and final, book in the Memoirs of Lady Trent series!

Roll 5

4/24/17: I finished Cardington Crescent, which nets me another $3.00 for a total of $34.00 in my bank! I'm also using the audiobook rule to move on while I continue to listen to The Mists of Avalon for Tomorrowland 33 (this one will be worth a whole ten bucks when I finish it). My next roll:

Which puts me on the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland - read a book with a main character who knows how to handle a gun, or where someone gets shot! For this one, I will read A Superior Death by Nevada Barr, second installment in the Anna Pigeon series. Anna is a Park Ranger, and definitely knows how to handle a gun.

Roll 4

4/22/17: I finished The Cornish Coast Murder, and added $3.00 to my bank! Since I haven't rolled since the 19th, in accordance with the modified rules, I rolled:

which puts me on Paradise Pier 28 - Read a book set during Victoria's reign (1837-1901) or tagged steampunk on GR. For this one, I will read Cardington Crescent, by Anne Perry, which is set during Victoria's reign.

This is also a doubles, so I get to roll again!

which puts me on Tomorrowland 33 - Take the Star Tours! Read a book set in space or tagged science fiction on GR, or a book that includes robots or cyborgs. For this one I'm considering To Say Nothing of the Dog, which is tagged science fiction on GR. Another alternative is the first book of the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Edit: I've decided to listen to The Mists of Avalon for this one - the audiobook is 40 hours long, so that one will take me a while, & will be worth $10.00 when I finish it! It is tagged "science fiction fantasy" on the book page on GR!

4/21/17: Unfortunately, I am not even close to finishing The Cornish Coast Murder,so I am going to lose out on the roll! I should be ready to roll early on Sunday!

Roll 3

4/19/17: Like MBD, I've been so busy I haven't finished my book! I will be rolling again on Friday the 21st!

Update - I managed to finish my book with 2 hours 15 min. to spare, so I grabbed a roll! The Sanctuary Sparrow was 296 pages long, so I added $3.00 to my bank!

Even though the timestamp says 4/20, it is 9:43 on the 19th where I am, so it is still "roll day!" The roll  of 5 puts me on Haunted Mansion 21: Read a book set on an island or with the ocean on the cover. I decided to read The Cornish Coast murder, because it has the ocean on the cover!

The Cornish Coast Murder - John Bude

Roll 2

4/1717: Woohoo, it's roll day! I rolled 5 & 2, which takes me to square 17: Read a book that is tagged cozy mystery or that is part of a series listed on a cozy mystery listopia.

I am going to read The Sanctuary Sparrow by Ellis Peters, which is part of The Brother Cadfael series, #20 on the cozy mystery listopia.

Roll 1

4/14/17: I rolled an 11, which puts me on Main Street #10: Read a book set in a small town in the USA.

I finished Paradise Lost by J.A. Jance, which is set in small town Arizona. It is 432 pages, which nets me $5.00, so my bank stands at $23.00.