I've filled another 3 spots!
1. Gothic: Secrets in the Mist by Anna Lee Huber
2. Love is Murder: Death in Kenya by M.M. Kaye
3. Man in a Kilt: Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty
4. Free space: Death in Zanzibar by M.M. Kaye
5. Young Adult: Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima
6. Blown Away: Trade Wind by M.M. Kaye
7. Guy/Girl Next Door: Emma by Jane Austen
I had a hard time deciding between Rogue and Blown Away for Trade Wind. I ultimately decided on Blown Away because there is actually a part of the book where the heroine, Hero, is actually blown off her ship in a storm and is hauled onto Rory Frost's ship, the Virago. Also, I was totally blown away by the book..
With respect to Emma, again, there were a few squares where I could put that one! I went for Guy/Girl Next Door because the fact that Mr. Knightley is Emma's neighbor was integral to the story. If there'd been a friends to lovers spot, I might have put it there. I also considered Wedding Bells for Emma, but ultimately decided on the other square.
Finally, with respect to Young Adult, I filled that square with Gray Wolf Throne, the third book in a YA fantasy series that strongly focuses on the romantic travails of Raisa and Han Alister. It's a fun series that I've read before & have been listening to in audio format.
So, Rogue and Historical Romance are my next two targets. I just started another M.M. Kaye epic, The Shadow of the Moon, which will certainly fit in Historical Romance, if no other squares that fit better crop up.