moonlightreader

The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World
Andrea Wulf
Progress: 40/496 pages

Romance Bingo Update

I've filled another 3 spots!

1. Gothic: Secrets in the Mist by Anna Lee Huber

2. Love is Murder: Death in Kenya by M.M. Kaye

3. Man in a Kilt: Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty

4. Free space: Death in Zanzibar by M.M. Kaye

5. Young Adult: Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima

6. Blown Away: Trade Wind by M.M. Kaye

7. Guy/Girl Next Door: Emma by Jane Austen

Update:

I had a hard time deciding between Rogue and Blown Away for Trade Wind. I ultimately decided on Blown Away because there is actually a part of the book where the heroine, Hero, is actually blown off her ship in a storm and is hauled onto Rory Frost's ship, the Virago. Also, I was totally blown away by the book..

With respect to Emma, again, there were a few squares where I could put that one! I went for Guy/Girl Next Door because the fact that Mr. Knightley is Emma's neighbor was integral to the story. If there'd been a friends to lovers spot, I might have put it there. I also considered Wedding Bells for Emma, but ultimately decided on the other square.

Finally, with respect to Young Adult, I filled that square with Gray Wolf Throne, the third book in a YA fantasy series that strongly focuses on the romantic travails of Raisa and Han Alister. It's a fun series that I've read before & have been listening to in audio format.

So, Rogue and Historical Romance are my next two targets. I just started another M.M. Kaye epic, The Shadow of the Moon, which will certainly fit in Historical Romance, if no other squares that fit better crop up.