moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World
Andrea Wulf
Progress: 40/496 pages

Hey, anyone interested in doing free monthly buddy reads?

Reblogged from Debbie's Spurts:

This post, http://libromancersapprentice.booklikes.com/post/1461394/buddy-read-the-yellow-wallpaper , (from Libriomancer's Apprentice on a buddy read of The Yellow Wallpaper) reminded me about Project Gutenberg's free downloads that we could use to do some favorite genre buddy reads.

Oh, who am I kidding.  I'm old enough that some books by favorite authors sitting on my TBR wishlist because hard to find are now available for free download from Project Gutenberg.

I was tentatively thinking maybe once a month starting October or November, interested readers could choose a book from there to buddy read.  Not everyone likes reading the same genre; I was thinking have multiple buddy read books chosen from a handful of popular categories (tentatively horror, literary classics, mystery, "other," romance, and SF/Fantasy but to be determined by whatever participants vote on).  No prizes, no big organization beyond a tag to find your buddy posts, just some buddy readalongs for the social aspect of it -- and the fun of exploring down the rabbit hole of Project Gutenberg offerings.

Any interest?  Any category/genre suggestions/preferences?  Any public domain book would be okay, not required to download from Project Gutenberg just that it be there (or at least eligible to be there and widely available free to readers).

Please feel free to reblog.