moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Sunday Soup

Debbie has been reading soup cookbooks for what seems like days, which has had the effect of making me crave soup.

I'm a huge fan of soup in all seasons except summer. I make it in quantity and eat it for days.

“To feel safe and warm on a cold wet night, all you really need is soup.” Laurie Colwin

There is truly nothing like a delicious pot of soup on an autumn or winter evening. It is comforting, eaten at the table with a book propped in front of me.

“There is nothing like a plate or a bowl of hot soup, it's wisp of aromatic steam making the nostrils quiver with anticipation, to dispel the depressing effects of a grueling day at the office or the shop, rain or snow in the streets, or bad news in the papers.” Louis P. de Guoy.

So, I was thinking that what would be fun would be a BL monthly soup and bread club. On the third Sunday of every month, people who are feeling a soup-ish vibe would whip up a pot of their favorite soup and some sort of bread (bought or baked at home) take some pics, and post the recipe for general envy and consumption.

Between soup and love, the first is better." old Spanish saying.

Chicken and Potato Chowder - Just like mom's comforting chicken noodle soup, but it's even creamier and loaded with cheesy goodness!:

The first BL soup party happens on Sunday, September 18, 2016.