moonlightreader

The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World
Andrea Wulf
Progress: 40/496 pages

Moonlight Murder's Hallowe'en Bingo Booklist

Everyone else's lists look so awesome, I had to jump in with mine!

Row by Row

Read by candlelight or flashlight: Coraline by Neil Gaiman. There's something about reading in the dark that screams Gaiman to me! (own in print)

Magical Realism: Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. This is a re-read, and may end up being substituted out, but it has been years since I have read this one! (own in print)

Witches: The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston: I've had this on my TBR forever, and this would be the perfect time to read it! (own on kindle)

Genre - Horror: A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay. (own on kindle)

Black cat: Double Booked for Death (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery Book 1) by Ali Brandon. I can't resist this one - it has a black cat on the cover and it is set in a bookstore! (buy).

Diverse authors can be spooky fun: Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel Jose Older. (own on kindle)

Ghost stories and haunted houses: The Haunting of Maddy Clare (own the audiobook)

Young adult horror: Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough (own on kindle)

Scary women authors: Maplecroft by Cheri Priest. (own on kindle)

Reads with Booklikes friends: Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels (buddy read to begin September 1) (own on kindle)

Grave or graveyard: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney. This is the first book in Last Apprentice series. Graveyard on the cover! (own on kindle)

Mystery: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (own in print)

Free space:

Gothic: The Revenant of Thraxton Hall by Vaughn Entwistle: This is subtitled "the paranormal casebooks of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which makes it irresistible to me. (buy)

Creepy crawlies: Libriomancer by Jim Hines. Smudge, the fire spider. (own on kindle)

"Fall" into a good book: A Night in the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny (own in print)

Locked room mystery: The Yellow Room by Gaston Leroux (own on kindle)

It was a dark and stormy night: The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle (own in print, kindle & audiobook)

Set in New England: The Beastly Bones by William Ritter. This is the second book in the Jackaby series, set in New Fiddleham, New England. (own on kindle)

Full moonThe Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. The cover of my edition has a full moon on it! This is a reread for me, although my first experience with was with the audiobook. (own on kindle & in audio)

Vampires vs. Werewolves: Wicked as they Come by Delilah Dawson. Because it is about vampires that do not sparkle. (own on kindle)

Supernatural: Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough. Because it looks like everything I want in a book and so much more. (buy)

Classic horror: Dracula by Bram Stoker: I've listened to the full-cast audio of this one. Now I am going to read it. (own on kindle, print & audio)

Pumpkin: Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie (own print & kindle)

Set on Halloween: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. (own audiobook & kindle)

As always, books are subject to change - but this is the plan right now. And I want to start reading immediately, because all of these books look fantastic!