moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

Reviewer out

What does the title of this post mean? No, it doesn't mean that I am leaving booklikes. What is means is that I've realized that I don't really like "reviewing" books, so I'm pretty much just not going to do it anymore.

I prefer quick updates, immediate reactions, short anecdotes, images and long form analysis. I think one of the reasons that I've been so absent from BL recently is that I am so far behind on reviews that I feel guilty whenever I open the site because waaaah, I just don't want to write a review of The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, even though I did quite like it when I read it.

Me, I love a good, long, meaty, thoughtful dig-deep sort of a post. I also love quick reaction posts. I love personal, non-book stuff as well. Anything that provides insight into the writer. The posts that feel the most impersonal to me are actually traditional review posts, which I think is why they are also my least favorite type of post to read (and write). I want to know about the friend who is behind the post much more than I want to know about the book itself - I can read the book to find out about the book, but I can only find out about my fellow readers through their words here!

What about you? What's your favorite type of post to write? To read?