moonlightreader

Progress: 105/410 pages
Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen Fry

Halloween quilt: Blocks 1 - 4

I had a lovely morning sewing on this Mother's Day! I finished the first 4 blocks of my Halloween quilt while the brisket smokes on the Traeger grill! I've now headed outside for some reading, but wanted to share the progress so far:

Block 1:

All of the blocks are trimmed to 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 & will ultimately be sashed with a creamy white cotton fabric called Bella snow. The size is a throw quilt size, and will be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. I'll also do a border with the coolest Halloween text fabric ever - I'll try to remember to add a pic to the next post. The border will be approximately 4 to 5 inches wide on every side.

Block 2:

I am calling this one Spooky Library. It isn't quite finished, though, because I am going to embroider book titles on the spines once I get it sewn into the top. For sure, one of them will be Dracula, and I haven't decided on the others. I plan to make a total of 4 of these blocks because I think they are super cool.

Block 3:

This is a slightly wonky log cabin style block, which is very easy to put together with strips of fabric between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 inches wide. The center is a 5 x 5" square.

Block 4:

The last block for today is another piece of embroidery, surrounded by adorable black cats.

I finished The Beekeeper's Apprentice last week, and have moved onto A Monstrous Regiment of Women. Sewing while listening to an audiobook about early feminism is awesome and ironic and hilarious.

Have a good Sunday!