moonlightreader

Moonlight Reader

Lawyer, mother, avid reader. Bingo host extraordinaire! Partner in crime to Obsidian Black Plague! My bookish weaknesses include classics, fantasy, YA, and agreeing to read more books than is even remotely possible.

Struggling with decisions

This is really just one of those posts where I am talking to myself, trying to put my thoughts into order. I had planned on re-focusing my reading/blogging after the first of the year, but I've found myself really wondering where I want to head with all of my reading-related social media. I'm pretty fragmented, with a presence on GR, BL, Twitter (pretty minor presence on twitter) and my self-hosted wordpress blog. The one I am having the most trouble handling is the self-hosted blog.

I just really don't know what to do. I'm struggling with maintaining the blog, because dropping posts is more of a process and I feel like I need to engage my brain more extensively to write something worth posting over there. On the other hand, I enjoy engaging my brain (sometimes) so I don't want to give it up, in the hopes that I'll become more interested.

My social interaction, on the other hand, is much more present on BL or GR. I am very active in a group on GR that I don't want to give up. I like BL because of the friendliness and sociability of the readers over here.

I don't really like "reviewing" as I think of traditional reviewing. I like talking about books and exploring ideas about books. Writing up reviews, if anything, sort of bores me. BL is a place where I can do both, although it is oriented towards reviews. I could eliminate twitter, but the only thing I actually do over there is read other people's tweets, which is sort of fun and a time waster.

Ugh. Reader problems.